Monday, April 7, 2014

A "Wales" of a Midterm Break!

After my non-clever title, you might be excited with this post. For my midterm break, I, along with 15 others, went to Wales! We stayed near the town of Brecon in a place called Alexanderstone Manor. It was honestly my favorite house ever (besides my home, of course). It's taken me a while to write about this, but I had to get down to a few pictures (and believe me, this is probably around 5% of all the photos I took. It was hard to choose!


Our manor house!


Our first day there, a few of us climbed up the hill near our house. We had to climb a lot of fences.




The top was very "Wuthering Heights-ish."



Our home!


The 2nd day, we went into Hay-On-Wye, a town full of secondhand bookshops. My dream town! I loved this place.


They had all the classics for 2 pounds. I bought War and Peace and Great Expectations.




So many books!


On Sunday, we went for a walk to a few waterfalls.




We even got to go under one of them.




First stop of Monday was Caerphilly Castle.


You can't tell, but I'm on the edge of the top of the tower here.




The geese are gorgeous!




Next stop= Castle Coch.




On Tuesday, we climbed one of the Brecon Beacons, but had to turn around due to high winds (75+). It was a great view though!



On our drive back to Oxford, we stopped at Raglan Castle.


Panorama from the top. 




Rachel and I found a cat. It was amazing. She was sickly, had sores, and you could feel her spine, but on the better side, she was pregnant! She was so cute and friendly!



Final stop was Tintern Abbey. It was so beautiful!






Finally home to England. It was a fun trip, and I'm glad I got to experience Wales. Looking back on it now, I wish it had lasted longer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment