Thursday, May 1, 2014

Libraries of Oxford

One of the main places I was this term was in the libraries. Now, Oxford has a million libraries. I mainly studied in 4 of these: The English Faculty Library (EFL), the Gladstone Link, the Radcliffe Camera, and Duke Humfrey's Library (which is in the Bodleian). Seeing as I spent a lot of time in each of these, I thought I'd share them with you!


Sometimes there were issues such as this: a Period Drama being filmed, and not being able to leave bikes there.


The RadCam is gorgeous!


I snuck these pictures of the inside of the RadCam.



Most of my time was spent in the EFL, as my lectures were all there. I took this picture the last time I was there, dropping my books off one final time.


This is the old Bodleian library.


Rachel and I went there the first week, and I didn't go back until one of the final weeks.


Sometimes Oxford is sunny and there are rare blue skies.


And sometimes the windows have awesome reflections.


I'm slightly obsessed with the RadCam.


Because it's way prettier than the EFL, which is one of the modernish buildings in Oxford.


But the books inside the EFL are great! I took this when I was studying Oliver Goldsmith.


I often studied up in the top of the EFL, at these tables.


And I just loved all the shelves.



The RadCam from the University Tower.


Rachel and I in front of the RadCam.



This is inside the Gladstone Link, an underground library. The shelves scare me, as I'm afraid I will get crushed.


But it has an awesome way to get to it! This is the walkway down to it. It's kind of like a Star Wars warp or something.


This is the Divinity School, a room within the Bodleian.


Finally, Duke Humfrey's, where Harry Potter was filmed! No pictures are allowed inside, so I took this one outside the door. 

Hope you enjoyed the libraries!

No comments:

Post a Comment