Saturday, July 12, 2014

Traveling Home

The night before we flew home, Lexi and I slept in the airport. It was quite dead during the night, and awfully freezing! I don't think I got more than 2 hours of sleep all night!


In the morning, we checked in and got our luggage checked. I spent my last English money on an iced coffee while we waited for the plane.


Our first plane ride lasted the length it was supposed to, but when we arrived in Germany, we had a problem. The flight that we had purchased in October had left three hours before we got to Germany. They changed the flight and they never told us. We had a nice long talk with the ticket people in Germany, and luckily they were able to get us a new flight, both from Germany to Canada and from Canada to Chicago. Yay for Air Canada!


Here's Lexi in the Germany airport!


Our first meal on the flight!


And second meal: Hot, Posh Wraps.


When we got to Canada, our flight was delayed for another 3 hours or so, making our arrival in Chicago 6 hours later than initially planned. 


The day was extremely long, and I got almost no sleep at all, but the view over Chicago coming back made it totally worth it! The lights were amazing! We arrived in Chicago, my parents picked us up, and we made the long drive home, finally arriving home around 4 am.


My first day back, I enjoyed a cup of cappuccino, since I hadn't had it for so long! (Notice all my food in the background...)

My time spent in England was one of the greatest times of my life, and I am so glad that I got the opportunity to go! I hope to go back some day, but who knows where God will lead me in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment