Thursday, July 10, 2014

Final Days In Oxford

Now that it's been a few months, I thought I'd write about my final days in Oxford! 

During the last few days, my friend Jenn visited me! We went to a few places, including the Ashmolean and Pitt Rivers Museum. During our visit to Pitt Rivers, we decided to imitate the animals / statues. It provided a fun time for all! 


Jenn imitating an extra large monkey.


Me imitating an extra small monkey.


Me with a lynx (I think). Don't I look like it? 


Jenn being a dinosaur (this one was hard). 


After meeting her in church on Sunday, I met up with my friend Mabel on Tuesday to get tea and cakes at the Nosebag Restaurant. We continued our day by visiting Magdalen and walking around the park.


Here we are!


Later that day, I hung out with my friend Tanja. We got coffee and then also went to Magdalen College and visited the Fellows Garden.


For Olivia's birthday, we went to the Pie Emporium. It was also the day that our final essays were due, so we were all celebrating a late! (Also, all three of these things happened in one day: two hangouts with coffee/tea with friends and dinner with my other friends). A lot of eating out.



Our table! I miss these people!


On the final day of the program, when all my friends were leaving :(  I decided to go to the Botanic Gardens for the first time. I wandered around alone, admiring the flowers (and taking pictures).


Here's one of my favorite pictures I took!


One my way back, I got my first ever Cornish pasty. Not my favorite, but I'm glad I got to try it!


Finally, on my last morning in Oxford (Olivia's actual birthday), we went out for waffles in the morning. I had to rush off in order to get on my bus. It was a nice goodbye to my Oxford friends! Until we meet again!



And finally, the last picture I took of Oxford. It was a sad day, but luckily, there was no one else on the bus, so I had the entire top level to myself, making it okay for me to just sit and take pictures like a crazy tourist. 

Oxford has been good to me, and I was sad to leave, but I was ready to go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment