Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A List of Firsts

Even though it's only half way through the week, this week has already been filled with a lot of things going on for me and a lot of firsts happening for my term.

First lecture = done.
First essay = done.
First tutorial = done.
First meal cooked = done.
First trip set = done.

So far, I have attended two lectures (I attempted another, but it was cancelled). I've gone to Shakespeare on the Edge and the Materiality of Texts. They were both really good, and an awesome thing about them, we clapped at the end. I want to do that for every class!

My first essay was for my primary tutorial, English Literature 1740-1832. For this essay, I was writing on John Keats' six odes and their use of the senses. As I am a procrastinator, this was my desk the night before it was due. 


As a side note, I did get to use some pretty cool old books!


My first tutorial was good. My tutor started it by asking if I wanted coffee. It's going to be a great term! We discussed Keats for about an hour and discussed the rest of the term.

I also cooked my first meal for my food group this week. I made a four cheese pasta with ham and peas in it, and added rolls and grapes as the side dishes. Luckily, I have a bunch left over, so I get to eat it all week! Here's the final dish:


Here's my friend Rachel posing with the table after she set it and I provided the food... (Not sure why she's making that face...I really hope she reads this). :)


I finally figured out my schedule for the semester, so I got to fill out my planner, which is something that I love doing.


Part of the term that I get is mid-term break. And, a great opportunity, I get to go to Wales for the break!!! I'm very excited and I just found out about it, so it's still very exciting to me. I originally didn't make it on the list of those who could go, but someone dropped out, so now I can go! I'm also going to try and plan some weekend trips, hopefully one of which will be to Paris if I get lucky. 

My week has already been full of firsts and it's not even over yet! I hope you enjoy hearing about my term and I hope I'm doing a good job keeping you all informed. I appreciate you taking the time reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment