Friday, January 10, 2014

Bedfordshire to Oxfordshire

Another exciting day in England, another blog post to write! Lexi and I woke up late this morning, getting over jet lag. Since Jenn had a class, we decided to walk around Bedford and see a little bit of the town. Jenn recommended a place called the Embankment, and I for one am very glad that she did so. We walked about 10 minutes down the road to the Embankment, which, even though flooded, was gorgeous. Here are a few pictures of our time spent there:


























After we left the Embankment, we wandered around Bedford for a bit, walking throughout the city streets. We came across some really amazing landscapes and architecture. We also managed to find a seesaw type thing to ride on! (Even though we didn’t get a picture while on it.)


And for all of you people reading this in the Midwest, I’m sorry about the weather, but it was a lovely 48 degrees here! As you can see, there is no snow on the ground and a light jacket is enough coverage (for the most part- my hands were freezing!)


Our night was spent hanging out with Jenn and preparing to leave for Oxford the next day. We had some delicious pasta made by our lovely host (Thanks again Jenn!), and had a chance to get online once more. The next morning we headed out for Oxford, having to say goodbye to Jenn.


Lexi and I took the X5 bus from Bedford to Oxford, and then we split ways. I rode a taxi to Wycliffe Hall, my home for the next 3.5 months. Arriving at the building was a big moment for me, alone for the first time. But luckily, my junior dean (sort of like an RD) led me to my room and explained a little bit. I unpacked all my stuff, but the room still looks quite empty.

However, I headed downstairs, met some very enjoyable fellow Americans and felt the nervousness leaving. I’ve got supper with the hall tonight, so everything is falling into place quite nicely. It’s going to be a great term, I can tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment