Monday, January 13, 2014

Oxford Architecture

Went on a tour of Oxford today with SCIO. Here's the beautiful sights I get to see everyday:


A typical post office box.


One of the Colleges... I can't remember which...




A museum right around the corner from my Hall.


An example of Victorian housing that looked Gothic.



The Eagle and Child where the Inklings hung out.


Typical telephone booth shot. I'll get one later with me in it.


A hotel where some movies were filmed.


The martyrs memorial. 


St. Mary Magdalen's church.






Standing on the spot where the martyrs were burned.



A slanted house on the main street.


One of the oldest parts of Oxford, a tower.


Christ Church College.







The Radcliffe Camera, where I'll get to study!


The University Church of St. Mary the Virgin (where I went on Sunday).






The Bridge of Sighs (based off on in Vienna).



Where Oxford degree ceremonies are held.





Sorry for the tons of pictures, I just want to share all the amazing architecture and beauty of Oxford with everyone! I hope you enjoy it! While the day today was nice, it downpoured tonight and I got soaked. The rain has finally come! And just when I was thinking that I could get away with a non-British experience of sunshine daily!

2 comments:

  1. The brick college is Keble! Go in to the chapel if you get a chance to when it's open to the public; it's crazy.

    ReplyDelete