Sunday, January 19, 2014

Orientation Week

I'm sorry now for the amount of words in this post compared to pictures. This past week was orientation week for me, so a lot of information was thrown at all of us. We learned all about the libraries (yay!), food groups, cycling, etc. We also had our first two (kind of) English Seminars (they were mainly informational sessions). Along with all the information, we received our first essay assignments, two of which I have due this week. The rest of my week was spent exploring Oxford, shopping, and sitting around being lazy. :) (I know you're proud Mom!)

One important thing that we figured out this week was food groups. In Wycliffe Hall, we have two food groups (7 people each). My food group started out with eight, but sadly, one of the girls had to go home due to an injury. My group now consists of six girls and our Junior Dean. I don't know if he feels outnumbered by the number of females. The way the food group works is that every Sunday-Thursday, one of us cooks for everyone, rather than just cooking for ourselves. This helps both with cost and also gives us time to socialize. I'm up for cooking in two days, so I'm trying to figure out what to make. So far, we've had a Swedish dish, taco soup, spaghetti with chicken, and french bread pizza. All the food has been amazing so far!

I'm sorry that it's such a short post, but I'm blanking on what to write about. Hopefully I'll write again later this week about my first essays that I have due. But, for now, I have to actually go and work on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment